I am a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance who teaches private classes, group classes and workshops. I am also certified in the Yoga4Cancer methodology, trained by Tari Prinster.
Current Weekly Classes:
FREE Online Oncology Yoga on Wednesdays, Noon-1pm – At this time, this class is available to past and present patients of the UVM Health Network. For more information or to sign up, click HERE. This class is supported by philanthropy at Integrative Therapies at The University of Vermont Cancer Center.
I have other pop-up yoga classes and workshops that are highlighted throughout the year. Click HERE for current schedule of all Events & Classes.
Interested in a private versus group session? I teach 1:1 over Zoom and in-person, when appropriate, due to COVID-19 guidelines.
Gift yourself with dedicated time to build stamina, harness inner strength and increase peace of mind. Please schedule a complimentary call with me here to learn more.
Your 20-minute, 30-minute, 45-minute or one-hour Hatha practice would include:
* Calming breath work to ground and center
* Fun (and accessible!) seated, standing, balance and strength sequencing
* Guaranteed TIME OUT to relax!
Watch for FREE anytime! Below are some of GERI ANN’S Facebook Live Events with The University of Vermont Medical Center:
- 15-MINUTE BREATHING TECHNIQUES – Learn simple breathing techniques to reduce stress, improve focus and raise energy. Click Here for the Recording!
- 15-MINUTE BALANCE CLASS – Learn simple balance exercises to improve your overall balance. Click Here for the Recording!
- 20-MINUTE FREE CHAIR YOGA CLASS – Learn simple and gentle yoga poses that you can do at your desk or workstation during the day to relieve stress, as well as ones to re-energize you. Click Here for the Recording!
What will we do in Stretch & Restore? This will be a Hatha-inspired yoga class. The first half will be done standing and the last half will be on the floor in restorative poses. We will work on poses that improve strength, flexibility, balance and posture. You will learn correct alignment of a number of the most popular foundation poses as well as some relaxing, restorative poses that you can easily do at home at the end of a stressful day.
What do I wear/bring? Please wear comfortable clothing. We have plenty of mats and props. Bottles of water are available at the studio for a $1 suggested donation.
Questions or concerns? Schedule a complimentary call with me HERE. I am happy to address any concerns and answer any questions.
Learn more about the history of Yoga and today’s most popular styles, along with a discussion of the proven health benefits by reading the following article by Lisa Richards. You can find it when you CLICK HERE.
Geri Ann Higgins, RYT-200 with Yoga Alliance, y4c Trained Teacher by Tari Prinster