“I have tried many different types of meditative, healing and bodywork techniques, but none have had quite the deep transporting feel of the Reiki/Sound session. In particular, Geri Ann’s expert focus on acupressure points in the face, spine, feet and hands using sonic vibration was entrancing. I went in with headache and stress and left with that wonderful combination of renewed energy and calm.” – L.M., Burlington, Vermont
FYI: You are welcome to follow my blog here.
Although in-person Reiki has been intermittently limited due to COVID-19, distance Reiki sessions are always available. Learn more about distance Reiki when you contact me here.
GROUP CHAIR REIKI EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE
- Enjoy calming, rebalanced energies with a Group Chair Reiki Experience as part of a relaxing gathering with friends, family members or colleagues.
- 90 minutes of In-Person Reiki sessions; individual session time depends on number of guests
- Includes a Complimentary Planning Call with the host with suggested set up, snack and mocktail ideas, plus a helpful Q&A list to send to guests ahead of time, ensuring an enjoyable time is had by all!
- Why wait on securing some extra peace? Reach out for details and to book your unique event. Both weekday and weekend options available.
What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced RAY-kee) is a method of hands-on energy healing founded by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui in the 1920s. Rei means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and ki (or qi) means “life force energy”, thus the combination means “spiritually guided life force energy.”
The poetry of Japan’s Emperor Meiji deeply resonated with Usui. He adapted the Five Precepts (or Principles) of Reiki from Meiji’s writings. Focusing your approach to life through the lens of these tenets is sure to benefit you, whether or not you ever choose to have a Reiki session!
“Just for today”, I invite you to try the following:
1. Just for today, I will not anger.
2. Just for today, I will not worry.
3. Just for today, I will give thanks for everything.
4. Just for today, I will live my life honestly.
5. Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
If it feels right to you, you may want to try it tomorrow, too…
I have found Reiki to be an opportunity for my clients to disconnect from the outside world, relax, de-stress, and sometimes witness profound insights. Additionally, many clients have reported better sleeping patterns following a session, as well as an increased sense of well-being.
Traditional Session: All sessions are conducted on a massage table while a client is fully clothed and underneath a blanket. Depending on the individual, we will begin the traditional Reiki session with either a brief singing bowl meditation or some simple, easy-to-follow movement techniques to encourage the quieting of the mind and settling of the physical body. I’ll follow with a series of on-the-body hand placements while you are facing upward and then on your favorite side. I will review these hand placements prior to starting the session, so that there are no surprises and you can truly disconnect from the outside world.
Reiki Integrated with Sound Session: The integrated session follows a similar pattern as the traditional one, but can add in either sonic face and footwork or custom bodywork with Tibetan singing bowls. For Sonic Face & Footwork: A weighted tuning fork (111 Hz) will be struck and then placed on the acupressure points of your face and feet to promote even deeper relaxation. For Singing Bowl custom bodywork: Before starting, we will work together to identify areas where bowl work would benefit you the most. Please note that I shall review both the hand placement information as well as when and where I will be using the tuning fork or bowl to lessen distraction and enable you to fully relax during the session.